| Xing Ren|
Xing Ren in TCM:Explore the properties of Xing Ren according to Chinese
Nutrition and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):
English Name: apricot seed, bitter / sweet apricot seed
Pharmacuetical Name: Semen Armeniacae Amarum
Properties: slightly toxic,
bitter, slightly warm
Channels: LU, LI
Flavors: toxic, bitter
disperses cold, clears heat, disperses wind, resolves phlegm, resolves dryness
- Tian nan xing- sweet apricot seed. Sweet,
neutral, moistens LU, stops cough.
- Xing Ren Shu Pi - the bark of xing ren.
Coincidentally it treats Xing Ren overdose. Cook 60g Xing Ren Shu Pi
in 300 mL of water for 20 minutes.
Actions / Indications:
- Stops cough; Relieves Wheeze (various kinds of cough
and wheezing, due to exterior wind-cold or wind-heat, phlegm-heat, dryness)
- Moistens intestines and unblocks the bowels (constipation
due to dryness or deficiency of qi, blood, and body fluid)
- (cc: pregnancy)
- (cc: infants)
- (cc: diarrhea)
- Pharmacologically Xing Ren is an anti-hypertensive, anti-tussive, and anti-asthmatic.