Nutritious Sweet Rice Cake
recipe: Side Dish
Cooking Instructions: 1. Soak the beans in water overnight, 12 hours minimum.
2. Soak 3 cups of sweet rice in water overnight as well.
3. Cook 100g of black bean and 100g of kidney bean in 200g of water and 3tbsp of brown sugar until the water reduces to 1/4 of the original amount.
4. Thoroughly drain the sweet rice and grind it into rough, slightly damp flour.
5. Put the damp sweet rice four through a strainer.
6. Add 2tsp salt, 3tbsp brown sugar, and cooked beans to the sweet rice flour and gently toss.
7. Add 100g chopped raw chestnuts, 70g chopped jujubes, and 1/4 pine nuts and continue to gently toss.
8. Fill a pot with enough water to boil on high continuously for at least 30 minutes. Put the steamer on top and line it with a wet cotton cloth.
9. Gently fill the steamer with the sweet rice flour mixture and poke some gaps so the steam may escape from the lower pot, allowing the rice cake to cook evenly.
10. Allow the sweet rice cake to steam on high heat for 30 minutes and then on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
11. Lightly grease a plate with sesame oil.
12. Place 30g of decoratively-cut jujube on the greased plate, so that when you place the cooked sweet rice cake out of the steamer, it will look nice when flipped over.
13. Mold the sweet rice cake using the sesame oil.
14. Cut into small bite-sized rectangles.
15. Wrap indivicually and store in freezer. Let thaw in room temperature to enjoy the original chewiness!
Treats Eastern: Someone with malnutrition
Recipe ID: 50
Special Tags: Side Dish,
Submitted by: stephanie from new york
Date Submitted: 10/25/2020
# Ingredients: 8
Channels Entered:LUNG x3 (3/8)
LARGE INTESTINE x2 (2/8)
STOMACH x5 (5/8)
SPLEEN x5 (5/8)
KIDNEY x3 (3/8)
LIVER x2 (2/8)
SMALL INTESTINE x1 (1/8)
ADD RECIPE TO LIST
To add the contents of this recipe to your cart, click Add to List.This Recipe contains elements of the following Recipes: